Working with Fiona
Fiona specialises in treating fascia tissue, chronic pain, posture and movement imbalances
Chronic pain is persistent pain you've had for weeks, years or decades.
It can be constant or frequently reoccurring.
Many of our clients come into the clinic with chronic pain. Treating challenging cases is what our clinic specialises in and we like to tackle it using a whole body approach to find the main problem area/s
- 90% of the time the area of pain is not the area that's causing it. This is why our assessment is so thorough, to make sure we're not guessing where to treat. We can tell you exactly which parts of your body aren't functioning optimally, or not integrating with other body parts.
Working with Fiona
Finally understanding your pain.
Assessment + Structural Integration + Movement
As all of your symptoms are taken into consideration Fiona also understands that pain is sometimes not just physical, but could stem from chronic stress, chronic inflammation, emotional, chemical or trauma based. Sometimes addressing these is the first step. We have excellent referrals and can definitely point you in the right direction.
If you are not sure if you need an assessment, book in for a massage so Fiona can get an idea of what's going on while treating.
1) Initial Assessment
Assess, don't guess!
- Standing Posture
- Joint Range of Motion
- Stability Muscle Activation
- Movement Function
These results tell us exactly:
- where tissue restrictions are
- where stability and strength needs to be re-created
- which fascia lines need balancing
2) 12 Structural Integration Sessions
We call this the fascia series - a structured approach to undoing fascia restrictions throughout the whole body
Outer fascial sleeve of the body:
1. Superficial tissues at the front of the body
2. Superficial tissues at the back of the body
3. Superficial tissues at the sides of the body
4. Superficial tissues looking at rotations
Deeper core fascia layers:
5. Deep layers front lower body
6. Deep layers font upper body
7. Deep layers back of body
8. Head, neck, jaw and face
9. Lower body integration
10. Upper body integration
11. Shoulders and arms
12. Full Body
Moving pain free requires reconnecting brain and body, and rebalancing your fascia lines
Your treatment plan may consist of 1 : 1 training, group classes, or take home programs to get you out of pain and moving well.
"WHEN I INVESTED IN A SERIES OF FASCIA REALIGNMENT TREATMENTS WITH FIONA MAREE I HAD NO IDEA SHE WOULD CHANGE THE WAY I WALK, MY POSTURE AND THE WAY I MOVE GENERALLY. NOT TO MENTION THE IMPROVEMENT IN MY SKIING! I COULD NOT RECOMMEND HER TREATMENTS HIGHLY ENOUGH."